Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's day!!!

Happy Mother's day to all the moms!! I admire the things you do day to day, "Not all superheroes wear capes" and that statement is totally true! I really appreciate everything my mom does for me all the time, I really don't know how she does it. She left to las vegas with her friends like I mentioned in the last post, and I did everything she does all the time and let me tell you I was EXHAUSTED in only 3 days. It changed everything being away from her. So since she loves all the pillows a make for her on the daily basis I thought it would be a nice gesture to make something special for her on mother's day. so i did this: A pillow with pictures of us me my sister and her, her and my nana.
All I did was sew a normal envelope pillow cover. Then i selected the pictures I wanted and I converted them to sepia, and just printed them out in some special paper for cotton fabric, those pages that you flat iron them and they stay on the fabric, i bought them on walmart. And just for a little bit of design i did some felt flowers to give them dimension.
She LOVED IT!! i even made her cry, i woke up first thing in the morning, went to my studio grabbed a flower arrangement me and my sis bought the day before went on the front door and knocked, when she saw the pillow tears fell from her eyes, I knew she was going to love it.
This was the least i could do for my mommy, I love her so much she is my rock, my biggest fan and the most important person in my life. Happy moms day to all of your mothers and if you are a mother same thing I'm sending all my love your way! xoxo Aly M.

No comments:

Post a Comment